An industry leader since 1938.
We are always looking for smart, creative and driven people with a passion to do great work.
Join our team.
Account Executive (Location Open)
Rapid Displays is seeking an experienced Account Executive to join our team. The ideal candidate has 5-8 years’ experience in the custom display or fixture industry. Experience working with clients in range of verticals and channels of distribution is a plus. Experience with temporary, permanent and interactive displays required. The ability to work collaboratively with a team and to interpret and present client goals in an accurate and actionable manner to the internal team is critical. This position will require 30% travel. Openings are available in our Bay area office.
CNC Programmer (Union City, CA)
Rapid Displays is seeking a CNC Programmer for its Permanent Display Group. We manufacture temporary and permanent retail displays.
Essential Responsibilities: Responsible for working in our Model Shop with our model makers and prototyping displays to meet customer and design specifications, including but not limited to; designing, fabricating, finishing and final part assembly; Able to program CNC Machine; Provide crucial input on design for machining, manufacturing, assembly, and low cost; Provide expertise with multi-axis machine programming will help manage and modify our CNC post-processor programs ensuring the accuracy and efficiency of our CNC programs throughout our production floor.
Requirements: Undergraduate degree; Able to read and understand mechanical drawings; Use inspection tools; Knowledge of Plastics, Wood, Metal and Fine Finishing; Proficient in MS Office and Design Software: SolidWorks & CAD/CAM; 3-5 years of CNC Programming experience within a manufacturing industry; prior retail display experience is preferred but not required.
Model Maker (Union City, CA)
Produces prototype assemblies for engineers and account managers based on their client specifications and engineering drawings.
Essential Responsibilities: Produces display fixtures and makes recommendations on areas of improvement; Consults and communicates with engineering or account management on client specifications and idea generation; Reviews 3D solid model and/or engineering drawings for feasibility of prototyping; Fabricates and assembles test fixtures as required; Reviews tolerances of mating parts and provides feedback to engineers and designers for areas of improvements – manufacturability, cost reduction, ease of assembly, etc; Operates a variety of machines including the programming of the laser cutter to produce parts; Completes other projects as assigned.
Requirements: High School Diploma or GED but Associates Degree is preferred; minimum of 3 years of model making or prototype fabrication experience preferred; Skilled in operating and programming CNC equipment and laser and operating a wide range of Model Shop equipment including lathe, milling machine, press brake, shear, punch press and welder; Skill in developing, designing and creating new ideas, products, applications; Ability to communicate ideas clearly to other team members; Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and resolve problems and Ability to work with a cross functional, multi-discipline team with high levels of cooperation, trust and understanding.
Production Supervisor Position (Finishing Department)
Reports to: Plant Manager
General Responsibilities Include:
Rapid Displays, Inc. is an award winning, industry leader in the design, engineering and manufacturing of point of purchase displays, with locations in Chicago Illinois and Union City California. We are seeking a Production Supervisor to join our team in Chicago, IL.
The supervisor will be responsible for the supervision of union and non-union employees specializing in hand assembly of both temporary and permanent displays. Responsibilities will include verifying the availability of raw materials, preparing daily production start ups, daily production reports, monitoring production efficiency and entering data into a database. The supervisor is charged with the responsibility for the effective utilization of the work force in his/her department and for the efficient use and maintenance of all manufacturing and processing facilities located within his or her department.
He/she is also responsible for effective utilization of work area assigned to their department. The Supervisor is responsible to the Plant Manager and in his absence, to the Assistant Plant Manager.
- Utilize the materials, work force and production facilities efficiently; supervisor and coordinate the manufacturing and processing operations in an effective manner; maintaining costs equivalent to or lower than the predetermined cost estimates.
- Assume complete responsibility for the activities and conduct of each employee to his department including the knowledge of the whereabouts of these employees at all times during the working hours.
- Carry out programs, methods, and procedures which will comply with the manufacturing policies and fulfill the plan objectives of the manufacturing department.
- Train the production workers so they can effectively perform their job functions.
- Measure the performance of the production worker and evaluate this performance by using the rating program and forms for establishing each employee’s rate.
- Employ fully qualified people for the manufacturing and production jobs, promote and terminate employees as required.
- Review wages and salaries within the limits set by company policies. Create employee’s goodwill and maintain employee’s morale.
- Delegate adequate authority to the Assistant Supervisor and other key personnel so they can effectively perform their job functions.
- Direct and control the factory payroll reporting functions to the hours of direct and indirect labor worked in the manufacturing departments are report accurately and promptly to the Accounting Department for payroll, cost and financial purposes.
- Cooperate with his supervisor in keeping complete and easily available production records and rates on all operations in his/her department.
- Responsible for accurate and prompt requisitioning of all materials and supplies used in the operation of his/her department.
- Analyze the production equipment and facilities to determine improvements in manufacturing application. Recommend changes in existing equipment and evaluate the need for new equipment, submitting the recommendations to the Plant Manager for approval and action.
- Report to his immediate supervisor the progress of the manufacturing of all jobs as compared with the planned objectives. Keep the Plant Manager fully informed about the current work status of his department.
- Request adequate and timely maintenance and repairs to the equipment and other physical facilities of his department.
- Keep the raw materials, supplies in process and finished goods inventories at economical levels consistent with the company’s policy and customer’s demands.
- Recommend changes and improvements in the manufacturing, production, and operations’ departments for the near terms and future.
- Inform the Plant Manager of potential new products and processes that will diversify and broaden the company’s operation.
- Maintain neat and orderly housekeeping and adequate fire prevention precautions.
- Cooperate with the engineer in charge of research and methods in establishing new and better methods of production whenever possible in his/her department.
- To serve as an active member of the Safety Committee.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in a high-speed manufacturing facility
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to problem solve and prioritize work
- Good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Outlook required)
- Must be willing to work an off shift
- Knowledge of line set ups for hand assemble
- Small equipment knowledge, things like stitchers, eyelet machines, potdevin gluers, hot melt adhesive applicators
- Understanding of different adhesive applications
- Independent thinker
- Self motivator who takes direction
- Ability to react to change is critical
Quality Control Engineer
Rapid Displays, Inc. is an award winning, industry leader in the design, engineering and manufacturing of point of purchase displays, with locations in Chicago Illinois and Union City California. We are seeking a Quality Control Engineer to join our team in Chicago, IL.
This individual will be responsible for developing quality processes and assuring product requirements are executed for all projects/jobs. This includes reviewing of all incoming materials (metals, wood, plastics) for both our permanent and temporary display jobs. This would include understanding the requirements, reviewing blueprints, and ensure compliance with quality assurance requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Inspect and review all parts that come into receiving against blueprints to ensure quality, accuracy, integrity. This includes checking all incoming parts (metal, plastic, wood, and hardware) for each custom job.
- Experience with Powder Coating process.
- Proficient with measuring instruments: tapes, squares, calipers, protractors.
- Ability to read blueprints and follow written instructions.
- Ensure all materials and parts are fully operational, effective and free from defects.
- Read and interpret product/job drawings (blueprints) and specifications to understand all requirements of the project/job.
- Prepare, review and analyze quality reports to ensure quality standards are met.
- Review parts and product specifications to determine if they meet quality standards.
- Create and maintain company quality documentation and be a member of the QC team to further ensure quality standards are maintained and met.
- Experience with metal, plastic and wood fabrication process.
- A minimum of 4 years quality assurance/control experience.
- Experience with hardware (Pem Hardware, Screws, Nuts, Rivets….)
- Ability to perform: new part approval; 1st article / in-process inspection, and final inspection
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with others.
- Ability to work independently, solve problems.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends if needed.
- Must have solid computer software skills (CAD, MS OFFICE +). There are physical demands required and must be met to successfully perform this position. This includes standing, walking, lifting and move materials. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.